Holy crap I took a lot of photos on our first official day at the beach...
Miss Olivia
Poor Daddy was the one who set up our big camp for us every single morning we spent on the beach. He was constantly trekking things back and forth to set everything up. He's such a good guy. That's our house behind the tent.
Olivia, Emma, and Ell
Can I say that this was some random cow the girls happened to run into on the beach? Seriously, I look at this photo and I hear mooing in my head.
Mareny-moo (there I go mooing again, but not anything to do with my baby) and Emma
Lucas
Mookie wasn't about to leave the water for a family photo op...
Uncle Josh and Emm
Marek liked being in the sand and going in the water. He just wanted to explore though, not sit still and build sand castles and dig holes in the sand as I dreamily envisioned.
The kids were collecting little tiny clams (I guess that's what they were. Marine biologist I am not.) They even got a baby crab and a little fish at one point.
Uncle Josh got out the boogie boards, and the kids were HOOKED! Ellison quickly picked up riding the waves, too, and I never saw her dry again for the rest of the trip.
Olivia and Ellison
Ellison
Lucas
Mookie, grinning ear to ear
Couldn't believe our first full day on the beach was overcast. But it worked out well, I suppose. It was still very warm, comfortable, and a good handful of us turned up sunburned anyway.
Guess what Bubba spotted... a buckle. His personal jackpot.
It was the sweetest thing. Most of the time Marek didn't want anything to do with anyone trying to take him away or get in his face. Somehow Miss Emma got him to grab her hand and the two of them started taking a little stroll. It was the sweetest thing to watch!
Mookie wanted to join in, too.
Grandma even got a turn. I love his little stride in this pic - looks so grown up. ;-)
Playing around with Mama.
He was giggling whenever he'd push over the lawn chair on me and climb on. Anytime you make a noise referring to a grunt, and "ow", or something similar, whether real or dramatic, he thinks it's the funniest thing and will burst into giggles.
[June 11, 2012]
No comments:
Post a Comment