OMG. I wanted to throw up when I realized that the 18th passed and I never did Marek's monthly birthday pic. :-( I had never done that before - with either kid. I guess I was high on the faint aroma of spring air that day we enjoyed the outdoors. Ugh. I frantically made up for it. Marek was onto me. He wouldn't crack a smile.
Well, seeing as I'm doing this post just on the verge of his 14 month birthday (sheesh), there isn't a ton I will say about him at 13 months, 'cause heck, I'll have to do it again just a few days from now. But I will say...
Marek has been walking all over the place now, since just a few days after his 1 year birthday. He adores taking years off of my life. He had a few days of very soft and supple hands since he got into the Vaseline container. (Yeah, if you're ever over to our house and wondering why we have so many things sitting on top of our bathroom countertops, it's because Marek knows how to get into our childproofed drawers and cabinets. No joke.) As I was drawing his bath the one evening, he walked up behind me, only to toss his Stride Rite shoes into the bath water. He opens doors. Namely the bathroom door downstairs, which tries to hide the piece de resistance: the toilet. It's like we have a dog in the house. He wants to splash around his hand in the toilet. The best was one morning when I found him playing in the toilet, the toilet had pee in it (from a nighttime bathroom trip by Ellison), the pee-water was now all over the lid, and as I'm trying to simultaneously remove him from the situation and flush the toilet, he somehow finds a dirty diaper that mysteriously appeared out of thin air, and chucks it into the toilet as it's flushing. Really? I find our little Hunka removing trash from the garbage can and repiling it on the floor. That is, IF I happen to not be retrieving a few toys from the garbage. As I'm doing laundry, he removes the dryer vent, then tries stuffing wadded up tissues into the opening. Oh, I could go on and on... He's a trip all right. But he is so darn funny, and cute, and sweet, and curious, and lovable, and smiley.
[February 21, 2012 - gasp]
I swear you could replace these pictures with some of Miller and not change A SINGLE WORD in your description. These boys are SO ALIKE! I have grey hair and need drugs. Yesterday Miller removed the register from the floor and poured a bag of popcorn down the vent. As I was vacuuming it up, the hose got clogged, so I was banging the plastic trying to dislodge it. Instead I broke the hose and then fully lost my mind. Picked up the vacuum and slammed it back down on the floor. The vacuum canister popped out and all the s*@! flew across the room. Talk about a real mess! Hair, dirt, popcorn, etc all over the room and NO WAY TO VACUUM IT UP since I couldn't control my temper in the first place.
ReplyDeleteMom of the Year here!