March 8, 2012

What's Up

I seem to have writer's block lately.  And I haven't even picked up my camera as much as is normal for me.  It's not that I'm not inspired.  I'm inspired on a daily basis... to grab the box of Calgon, to ponder what 2 big glasses of wine might taste like at that moment, to consider whether or not smoking must really be all that bad for your health...  Only kidding.  Though I am often caught muttering, "Calgon, take me away!"  Ellison keeps asking me what Calgon is.  Ha!

So Marek had his pulmonology follow-up at Brenner's Children's Hospital on Feb. 27.  They did the sweat test for cystic fibrosis, and as we all suspected, it came back negative.  We are so happy to report that Marek has been doing great with his lungs!  He has had some chest congestion and such with some colds this winter, but as I braced myself, it never turned into anything more.  He continues doing the steriod inhaler twice daily, and he still takes reflux medicine as per the asthma/allergy specialist, but Dr. Gower (the pulmonologist) said if we're feeling brave, we can try taking him off the steriod inhaler this spring to see how he does, and if we're feeling extra brave, we can also try taking away the reflux medicine.  So, we won't see Dr. Gower again until the end of summer if all goes well, and then we'll have to decide if we need to automatically put him back on stuff in the fall, or just wait it out.  So we are so thankful to say he's doing great now!!!

My dad seems to be doing well, too.  He's in cardiac rehab, and has been feeling well.  He'll have to have a stress test coming up soon to address another area of some blockage they found when they did his cath at the time of the heart attack.  But he's doing well, thanks be to God.  

Jonathan has had a couple of procedures, too.  He finally got LASIK done on his eyes, and he is so thrilled with the results, and even more thrilled that it didn't cause him to need reading glasses yet.  His two friends down south were just worked on, too. (wink, wink).  We are happy with our two beautiful children.  And want to leave it that - two children. :-)

I am in the throes of school touring, and praying that Ellison gets into the school(s) I would be happy to send our kids to.  The cool thing is that it's out of my hands since it's all a lottery system - I put my choices down, and that's all I can do.  So I have to trust that my kids will be placed where God wants them to be.  Wherever that may be.  (Just praying it's not a homeschool setting). :-) 

I've been in consignment hell again, though it felt much smoother this time around.  I've had great results selling thus far, and an even funner time buying.

Besides that, we're just plugging away at our journey.  Work, AWANA, dance, Bible studies, men's groups, church, and some fun things (and some not-so-fun things) tucked in there as well.

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH! You crack me up! "His two friends down south..." HAHAHAHHA!!!! Tell him to tell Mav it's not that bad.
    Glad to hear you all are happy and healthy. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete