Oh my. Just a little change from the weekend. Ellison was thrilled to frolic in the snow with school cancelled. As much as I truly didn't feel like bundling all of us up, I knew I had to be fun mommy - at least for a little while. And I wanted to see Marek experience playing in snow for the first time. Let's just say I was exhausted before we even got outside. Between layering, bundling, digging for things, and hauling a wiggly wee toddler out in the fluff, I was spent. Ellison kept messing with her gloves, and every time I would sit Marek down in it, he would contort his body so he could look at the snow close up.
For the life of me, I could not get on his snow boots, that technically should be too big for him. After breaking a sweat, and having him get whiny (and wanting to toss the boots across the garage), I finally just grabbed a WAY too big pair of Sissy's furry boots to slip over his feet.
I'm in love with Mookie's hat placement. Love that girl.
I tried pulling the kids on the saucer in the front yard, but Ellison quickly tired of trying to work her abs to keep the two of them upright. She ditched the idea and left Marek at my mercy. As I would do the world's tiniest laps with him laying on the saucer, we would excitedly encourage him to say, "Whee!" Little Bubba delivered. It cracked me up watching him repeat, "Whee!", with a blank expression on his squishable little face.
Pretty soon, Alyssa came over, and the girls had to hop our frozen gate to play in the backyard. I saw them making snow angels and playing by the swingset, but I was too fried to attempt photos while managing my Weeble.
Elli, always striking a pose, I swear...
The Daddy Attack to top off the end of the day.
Just like Mookie was, it's impossible to whip out the camera or video camera without him dropping everything to come try and get to it.
[February 20, 2012]
No comments:
Post a Comment