It felt so strange to have Ellison gone. But from the sounds of it, she fit right in with her cousins and never missed a beat. We called her that evening to tell her goodnight quick, and to make sure they all made it home safe, and she was so brave. Aunt Andrea said you could tell she was fighting back tears and was determined that she was going to be brave. We kept if very upbeat and short, and she was completely fine after she got off the phone with us.
The next morning, the gang went shopping and to a new place in Grand Rapids called "Java Gym" - a coffee shop with a play center. I wanna know why on earth they don't have these here! Sounds like they had a ball there...
Lucas, Ellison, Olivia, and Emma (I stole pics from Andrea)
Little skinny twit Livy could fit into Ellison's size 4 coat at the age of 12.
Love this pic. Ellison looks like she's out with a bunch of friends. :-)
Meanwhile, back at Grandma & Papa's house, Marek helped us take down the Christmas tree. Grandma did not waste any time!
Late that afternoon, we all headed to Frankenmuth to eat at Zehnder's. YUM! I felt so bad not having Elli with us - she loves Frankenmuth, but we knew she was probably having way more fun and would rather be hanging out with her cousins.
A photo marks Bubba's first outing to Zehnder's. He loved the food, too - tore it up! He was such a good boy.
Snuggling up with Papa
That night we watched "The Bridesmaids", where I've never heard my dad laugh so hard in my life during one part. Like a serious, gut-wrenching laugh. Seriously never heard it before. Jonathan and I are still talking about it.
[December 28, 2011]







No comments:
Post a Comment