On Tuesday, Lucas fed Marek his bottle before they all headed back to Grand Rapids, where we all would rendezvous at the end of the week again.
I was completely thrilled and amazed that it worked out where me and one of my BFFs, Tracey, were actually home at the same time! She and her family live in Wisconsin, and we haven't seen each other in about 5 years because we're always visiting home at different times. But me, her, and another BFF, Stacey, stay tight despite the distance. I love these girls so much, and cherish every conversation we have. We had big plans to meet up at Tracey's parents' house, and bring along our husbands and kids (7 kids between the 3 of us now) for a quick gathering before us 3 headed out to lunch. Last minute, Tracey's mom got the flu, and we decided to nix that plan to keep everyone healthy. So us girls met up, and headed out, old-school style with all 3 of us sitting in the front of Stacey's truck. :-) It felt like old times.
Trace, me, and Stace
We sat and ate and drank coffee and talked and talked and talked. I think we were at the restaurant for almost 4 hours. And it went by way too fast.
Upon returning to my parents' house, I bid farewell to my Little Love, who was going to have her very first sleepover. I was slightly panicked inside because she's never had one before, it was going to be for TWO nights, and if there were any problems, we couldn't just bop over there easily since she would be TWO hours away at her cousins' house. But she never hesitated. The first time I've EVER been without my kid overnight.
[December 27, 2011]
No comments:
Post a Comment