January 26, 2012

The Eve of New Year's Eve

Ellison really missed her brother for those two 1/2 days.  She was anxious to feed him his bottle. :-)
By the way, I realized last night laying in bed that I lied.  I said it was the first time I've ever been away from Ellison overnight.  I completely forgot about going on a women's retreat twice for quick weekends when she was smaller.  OK, so it was still my first time with just her missing from our family.

Marek hanging out with Emma in her room. 


I just love how Lucas took an interest in his little buddy...
It was as if Marek knew it...


Yahtzee!  Lights AND cords!

Lucas and Papa

Olivia, Marek, and Lucas

Light saber fight...

Emma giving Marek a ride in the laundry basket.



A little fresh air.  I still can't believe there was no snow.

Olivia took Marek on a walk in their neighborhood.
That night, we got a babysitter, and all of us adults went out for the evening.  We had a great dinner downtown, then went to a bar, where the excitement of the evening was watching a bouncer fight a drunkard, and before we knew it the window front was busted.  Our table was right there to see it all.  I was obsessed with watching the broken shards and sheet of glass precariously wiggle every time the door opened or anything.  Can I just say how much I HATE physical fights.  Like, it physically sickens me.  Everyone kept making fun of me because I would just keep looking over at it (the window).  While Andrea was all pumped up and begging to go dancing, me and mom were secretly yawning and wishing we could go back home to bed.  Boy have times changed for me.  But Marek started sleeping horribly about day 3 into our trip.  Horribly.  Like, screaming his guts out, and it taking at least 2 hours to get him back to sleep.  Sometimes a couple of times a night.  I was tired.  But after hanging out for a drink, we hit the famous hot dog place (don't ask me the name of it), then called it a night.  No dancing for Andrea that night.
[December 30, 2011]

No comments:

Post a Comment