The day started as a lazy one. In the afternoon, I went with my parents, Carrie, and Jeff to go see Carrie & Jeff's cute new house in Kalamazoo. After an evening of yummy food and wine, we settled into the festivities.
I couldn't believe Mookie lasted as long as she did. We spent a little time that afternoon cutting up confetti, and decided to throw it a little early for any of the littles that needed/wanted to go to bed. Olivia and Emma went to sleepovers for the night, but we had fun counting down with Lucas and Ellison. The confetti was a hit, and we wound up doing it a few times over.
Love, love, love this pic of these two bugs...
Not sure how it happened, but Mookie went to bed around 11 or 11:30ish. Then I was thinking how bad I felt that she missed the real countdown by just a little bit. Whatdaya know, but there she came down the basement stairs with about 3 minutes to go. It was perfect. I felt bad that I wasn't kissing my Bubbers into 2012, and whatdaya know again - I shouldn't have wished that one. :-) He woke up about 10 minutes after midnight, and insanity ensued for the next couple of hours as we could not get him back to sleep, with several bouts of screaming. Our big plans to play games and such went south. Everyone was tired, and everyone just wanted to go to bed.
Well, 2011 was quite a year for us. The highlight was obviously when we welcomed our sweet Moo-Moo into the world. Other highs: becoming a family of four, visits from family, Ellison's many summer milestones, going to the beach, visiting Buffalo and now Michigan... There were some lows, too: a year filled with major illnesses for Baby Marek starting at 2 weeks old and then permeating our entire final 3 months of the year, Ellison getting ear tubes, losing Jonathan's brother, Joe... I wonder what highs and lows 2012 will bring us. I'm praying there are far more highs, but we'll take it as it comes, according to His great plan. Here's to the adventure that awaits us!
[December 31, 2011]
No comments:
Post a Comment