It just made me smile to see Bubba's little body with his knees bent like this. This is when he started really pulling himself up to things. Brings back so many memories of Ellison close to this age when we moved into this house, and she was always fascinated with the laundry area.
So I have to say I'm a little surprised. Ellison is having a great time at school, but interestingly, I was told by Ms. Lisa to help work on Ellison's "listening ears" at school. OK, I have noticed her getting more antsy at group functions when it's time to sit still and listen, but Ms. Lisa also said Ellison won't participate when it comes to singing songs and such. She said neither case is a big deal - she just thought it would be good to try to address it before the whole year goes on like this, and she just wondered if something was bothering her about Ms. Lisa that's causing her to not participate. Ms. Lisa has been very sweet about it - not like an iron fist or anything. So I've been really talking to Ellison about it, and we're really trying to work on it. Ms. Lisa said we're getting there little by little.
Well, the other day, Ellison came home from school and informed me that she had to go in time out. (!) Ms. Lisa never mentioned it to me at all when I picked Ellison up. According to Ellison, she was told not to touch some flowers, but she kept touching them anyway, so she had to go sit in the time out chair. We had a long discussion about it, and as part of the consequence she had to write her teachers a note apologizing for disobeying.
I thought it was pretty darn cute. She told me the next day that Ms. Lisa hugged her when she got it.
So, I don't know what's going on with Little Miss. She's changed so much from the little girl from just a couple years ago who was painfully shy, clingy, quiet, focused, and kept to herself. I thought that was going to be her personality, but she sounds like she's got more of her dad's personality than we thought. That, or I'm about to put her on an all-natural vegan diet or something. Seriously, I'm thrown for a loop. I just so badly don't want her to struggle in the least bit with sitting still in class, listening to people, respecting authority, etc. I now she's learning and she's young, but that strong will of hers tests us at home, too. We're a work in progress.
[September 20, 2011]
No comments:
Post a Comment