June 13, 2011

The Beach - Day 2

Fueling up for a hot day on the beach



Marek's sun outfit lasted all of 13 minutes.  That boy gets so hot and clammy so easy.  We knew it'd be a challenge having him on the beach since he can't wear sunscreen for another two months yet.  With the heat, there was no way we could keep him in that while not getting him wet in the water.  But he sure looks cute, doesn't he?


Mookie in her complete glory.  She is SO MUCH a beach girl.  She never tired of it, and was never ready to go back into the condo.  She had pure joy on her face the whole time she was on her beach.


Our shady little spot


Grandma and Ellison taking a walk to go seashelling.  These two were inseparable.



Poor, hot little Marek.  He was so good.  Grandma had the special touch during their stay - whenever he needed to fall asleep when he couldn't be in the crib, she'd get him to sleep.  She even managed to get him to sleep the first day on the beach, then we layed him in his little sun tent.  It didn't last too long when some sand got kicked up on him through the tent and woke him up.  Poor little buddy.  From that day on we took turns taking him back inside the condo to get some good rest.  I know so many people say to make a baby conform to your schedule, but I honestly don't think that's fair.  Sleep is a basic need, just like food, and let's face it - we want our kids to be their best when we take them places, yet we're not willing to give them the rest they need so they can be on their best behavior?...  Not sure why I just stepped on my soapbox...  Whatever...  Let's go back to the beach.  It's a better place than Christina's mind.



Ellison couldn't get enough of the water this year.  That girl stayed out on the beach all day long every "beach day" we had.  She was always asking to go "one step further" into the water.  She loved having her dad hold her and take her into the "deep" water.











Our little Lamb Chop has the best giggles...



Bubbers laying under the tent with his sidekick, Mono.  He loves his monito - always chewing on his limbs or tail.  Mono is always full of Marek spits.



Oh my goodness.  I still can't believe this.  Ellison wore herself right out every day on the beach.  She was showering with me, and was standing so still in the water, I asked her if she was tired, and she nodded yes.  She usually stays in the shower long after I get out, but this time she asked me to get her cleaned up first so she could get out.  So I did that, and gave her a towel as she climbed out.  There was no more movement or conversation after that while I finished my shower, so I assumed she went out of the bathroom.  I opened the shower curtain, and much to my surprise, there was a sleeping Ellison leaned up against the tub!  That girl was out cold!  After carefully stepping around her, I of course grabbed the camera.  So sweet!


So Bubba appeared to grow up within the course of just a couple of days while we were gone!  My mom and I both said it at the same time - we couldn't believe how much he seemed to change in just a couple of days.  He just starting acting older, playing and grabbing at toys more, being engaged a lot in his surroundings, and he even started rolling over!  He had done it, like, once before, but now he's at it all the time, and is rarely on his back for long.  He rolls both ways, but more often onto his tummy.



Off to dinner we went to "The Crab Shack" - Mom's favorite place for scallops.  Ellison got adventurous and tried a hushpuppy!  I about wanted to go play the lottery.  She loved them.  I'm hoping this continues - she recently tried tater tots (aka "potato bugs") finally for the first time and loved those, too.  She still won't go near ketchup, though. :-)
[May 29, 2011]

No comments:

Post a Comment