June 11, 2011

The Beach - Day 1

Mookie slumbered in G & G's room while we hunkered down with Moo-Moo.  He did great - slept a good night in his first time in a bed that wasn't his own.  He and Sissy missed each other, though, and got right to snuggling come morning time.

She is quite attached to her DS, and Moo-Moo has quite a fascination with hair already.  Loves to grab it, hold it, and even gets a kick out of staring at my bang area.  Seriously, he'll look at my hair so intently and just grin and coo when he looks at it above my forehead.



Beautiful morning on the harbor.



We even got to see the drawbridge go up before we left.


Our little Beef 'N Cheddars taking a rest with his little thumber.  He's definitely starting to suck his thumb more now when he's falling asleep.  I know I'll hate trying to break him of the habit some day, but I think it is the sweetest sight to behold.  Ugh.  Melts a mama's heart.

We began our day perusing the streets of downtown New Bern.  The coziest place.  Marek was quite content chillaxin' in the stroller without being in his carseat.  I really think he's starting to be uncomfortable in that thing.





We did a quick little exploration of the old Episcopalian church, complete with some very old tombstones (remember we are the family that loves old cemetaries).


Our favorite tree, tucked into the quaint church and cemetary grounds



Site and brick wall of the original church from the 1700s.



I am in love with these roots... and the little lady standing on top of them.


Happy to find a playground



It was hilarious watching Elli try to throw a penny with her right hand over her left shoulder into the wishing well.  We gave her a few tries, but she would always inevitably twist her little body around at the last minute. :-)


The birthplace of Pepsi.  The story goes... that Bradham was told that "Brad's Drink" wasn't catchy enough, so when he was trying to think of a new name, he looked over at the Episcopal church, switched around the letters in "Episcopal", and there you have "Pepsi Cola".



Playing around in the sculpture area across the street from the best restaurant, The Chelsea, where we had the most delicious lunch.




After lunch we got caught in a torrential downpour, where we camped out under an awning of a storefront for a little while, watching horse drawn carriages battle the rain.  As much as we were stuck for a few minutes, it was so cozy.

Then it was time to take the drive to our final destination, Indian Beach.  That drive went much smoother with Marek, and thankfully it was only an hour.  I can't believe we never took any pics of the place we stayed, but it was beautiful!  As soon as we settled in a little, Ellison was itching to get down to the beach (and I know her "Dada" was, too).  They are two peas in a pod.  Jonathan wouldn't take the camera down to the beach with them, so I was standing on the deck trying to.  Wish I could've seen Ellison's joy when she got down there.


For dinner we met Mom & Dad at Michelangelo's for their great pizza, then us 3 girls went to pick up groceries while the guys went back to get Bubba settled into bed for the night.
[May 28, 2011]

No comments:

Post a Comment