Just a few little funnies on my eldest...
I seriously think she has a little case of OCD. OK, that's actually not funny, but whatever... She's starting to need to do things in certain ways and a certain number of times. Like her goodbye routine to her "Dada" in the morning (blowing kiss followed by loud grunt as she throws it to him, grunt from him that he received it, throwing a hug to him with a grunt, grunt from him that he received it, then asking him to honk his car "2 times" as he pulls out of the driveway as she stands in the window and waves, then having to watch him go down the street where she won't take her eyes off his car until it turns the corner). Like her trying to put black & white game chips in a certain pattern, with the same color facing the same way, and getting frustrated when they don't cooperate by falling. Like her goodnight routine to Marek (kiss on the head, kiss on the butt, "God bless him" 2 times [which is her saying that and making the sign of a cross on his forehead], taking his hand to "God bless" her on the forehead, then another kiss. I'm not kidding when I tell you these patterns. Though quirky and sweet, I pray this is somewhat normal??? I know my sister and I had little quirks like this when we were growing up, too, but crap - look how I turned out! Ha!
So I was nursing Marek one evening when Jonathan brought home our Chinese take-out. He came up to me with a long piece of battered chicken from the sweet & sour chicken dish and fed me a bit of it. Ellison, next to me, states, "Huh, that looks like a penis..." [Insert choking here].
When scouting out items for a craft project at Michael's, Ellison came up with the brilliant idea to have us look for "a dannit". Huh? Upon further questioning about what on earth she was talking about, she kept repeating, "a dannit". The she asked me what a "dannit" is. I gathered that she heard someone at some point say, "Damn it". She's not fessing up to who it came from, though.
No comments:
Post a Comment