Ugh. I can't believe we don't have a newborn anymore. :-( Don't get me wrong, I love "knowing" him now, as opposed to those tough first several weeks where you're trying to figure things out. But I can't believe I won't be holding my baby as a wee little one anymore. Ever. OK, he was never "wee little", but you catch my drift. He's growing SOOO fast!
This photo looks like it needs a funny quote to go with it, but I'm not feeling very creative. I'm blank.
I LOVE how much these two love each other and interact together.
At 4 months, Marek is getting strong. He does really well sitting up with support, and loves to stand on those beefy little legs of his. He has GOT to be teething, because he gnaws on his fingers and thumbs like he hasn't had a meal in days. He seems to really love his soft stuffed monkey from the Copelands. He loves when the monkey's arms rub his face and chest, and he apparently tastes good, too. I have a feeling Marek is going to have an affinity for the La-La's (the burp rags Ellison was so attached to as a baby & toddler) since they are a part of his daily diet. They're always in his mouth. We're just gonna have to come up with a different name for them so they seem a little more masculine.
Yesterday we discovered a way to make Marek giggle like crazy over and over!!! I sing "Marek had a Little Lamb", and at the repeated parts I bounce him up and down to the beat, and he just LAUGHS. It is so precious!!!! He's also getting quite ticklish now.
His naps are all over the place, without consistency, as hard as I try. He has finally taken long morning naps the last couple of days, but I'm not holding my breath yet. For some reason, he's not going as long at night anymore, either. :-( I still think he does good, and it's still doable, but he's usually up around 2-3am. He goes to bed around 7pm, so it's still a very decent stretch, then he won't wake again til morning - usually between 7 & 8am. He is OFTEN heard in his bed just talking away, even in the middle of the night. He prefers to sleep on his tummy for naps, but does good on his back at night.
People are commenting at how much more he's starting to resemble Ellison now. We see it, too. Looking back at Ellison's pics from this age, they definitely look like siblings at least.
Marek has rolled over twice, and seems so close sometimes, but he's not yet rolling over regularly. He's got a lot of body obstacle in the way. ;-)
He loves his bathtime, and even if he's cranky, he hushes the moment you give him a bath. He loves to have his little hands and feet massaged with lotion afterwards.
His talking is starting to take on new forms, much to my delight. He has said, "Mama" plain as day a couple of times. Yes, I know it means nothing to him yet, but I still love hearing it.
[May 18, 2011]
No comments:
Post a Comment