Yet again, fitting perfectly with the Colonial unit Ellison's class did in school, it was the perfect timing for the annual Reenactment of the Battle of Guilford Courthouse held at the Military Park near our house. The plan was going to be for Jonathan to take the kids to the colonial wedding ceremony and to see the colonial dancers while I attended a baby shower. I figured we could hopefully all catch the actual battle reenactment on the 2nd day. But that's not how it happened.
Jonathan got the kids to the wedding ceremony, which Ellison was excited to see - she had never been to a wedding (that she remembers).
After running into her friend, Samuel, who was going over to the battle, Ellison of course whined and begged to do the same, saying she didn't want to see the dancers anymore. Being the sweet daddy that he is, Jonathan gave in, and walked the kids all the way over to Country Park. Along the way, he was sent in 3 different directions by people pointing him to the area of battle. After finally getting the right way, he arrived to a cranky Marek who was needing a nap. Jonathan, becoming frustrated after everything, starting getting perturbed with me, as I was trying to rush home from the shower in High Point to get home and change my clothes to make it over there. Thankfully our friends, the Pessoas, offered to hang on to Ellison so Jonathan could get a cranky handful Marek home.
Had to include the next 2 photos that Marek was taking of himself, because I just want to eat that little face!!!
I was literally running up hills and through the park after trying to find a parking spot, so I could meet up with them - and it was a mess because Jonathan's phone was dead or something, and I had to try to locate them using Flavio's phone, etc. Come to find out, Jonathan left the stroller for me in case Ellison got tired, and CARRIED Marek all the way back to the Military Park (about a half hour walk). Crazy guy! I think we have a little princess on our hands, thanks to Daddy's assistance!
Ah well. The battle reenactment was neat to see. I look forward to next year when hopefully we can enjoy it as a family. :-)
Ellison and Samuel
After the battle, Ellison wanted to go check out the army camps. It was very interesting. Of course she loved seeing the horses...
We talked with some of the women in the camp about what life was like for families in the camp during the Revolutionary War.
[March 16, 2013]



















No comments:
Post a Comment