September 12, 2012

Summer at the Pool

So much of our summer was spent at Green Valley Pool this year.  We had so much fun!  Ellison was on the Grinning Gators - the non-competetive swim team, and she did great.  Marek likes the water - doesn't mind if it gets in his face or if I count down and dunk him under water, but the boy just wants to explore!  It was nearly impossible to chat with my friends there for longer than 2 minutes, because I was always on the go with him.  He liked the water, but you had to be moving and entertaining.  Just sit and chill with the ripples or sit on the pool step and play with toys?  Not him. ;-)

Ellison (in front in the water) during swim practice:


At first, once in a while I'd spot Ellison deciding not to participate.  For the record, the instructors would ask the kids if they wanted to try different things, so they were given a choice.  Ellison was strongly encouraged, shall we say, to not lay out on the cement in the sun like a cat (do cats do that?  I never had one.  Beached whale didn't sound appropriate).  After a parental discussion, she was better at participating more, and by the end of the season she was doing awesome.

[July 25, 2012]

No comments:

Post a Comment