Hmm, I'm not sure where I left off and where to begin. I cannot remember what I wrote for his 18 month post (nor am I about to take the time to do so at this moment), and seeing as he's actually 20 months old as I write this, I'm at a little loss. Will make do...
Marek is into counting anything and everything. If he sees a sign with letters, he begins counting. "Five, sic, seben, eight, nine, ten...". Still loves singing his ABC's just about any other kid-type song. He belts out (very loudly, I might add) "Ashes, ashes, fall DOWN!" I'm really in love with the way he sings "The Muffin Man".
A fairly new thing Buddy's been doing has been announcing what objects belong to whom. He'll look at a pair of shoes, "Daddy's..."; a coffee cup, "Daddy's..."; a shirt, "Mama's..."; Ellison's backpack, "Sissy's...". It goes on and on throughout the day, and with just about everything. The sweetest, though, was when we were emptying the dishwasher together, and when he removed a black coffee mug, he announced it as "Nonni's...". I love it. I love that he knows Nonni Joan always drinks coffee out of a black mug when she visits us. I know she was tickled to hear that.
Marek has had to shower with me every morning now that my little handy babysitter is in kindergarten. Thankfully, Bubba loves himself a good shower. As soon as I prop my foot up to shave my lower leg, Marek's sweet, soft, chubby hand starts rubbing the soap around my lower leg as if he's washing it. This sounds so odd, and one day will sound so completely gross to him (and probably does to you all), but what a little blessing to feel that little hand on my leg. Then, it's the cutest to watch him start rubbing the baby soap all over his tummy and legs, as if he has to scrub himself. He does the same with the lotion after the shower to - gets himself some, then helps with Mama's lower leg.
Marek has started becoming attached to a stuffed animal. He still has his fave blanky, but now he's gotta always sleep with "Hippo". He snuggles right onto him in his crib or when he's being rocked.
Still completely and utterly obsessed with "Outside", "Van", and "Daddy's car". He gets so excited when Daddy-O comes home (that's what he and Ellison call him now, every since Marek would say it to announce "Daddy home". It just morphed into Daddy's nickname. Anyway, he gets excited because he thinks he can go in Daddy's car and play. And man, oh man. I still say he has tantrums like a 2 or 3 year old. And Brotha will NOT relent. Did I mention how loud he is? :-) And how much I just want to eat him?
[August 18, photos taken August 20]
No comments:
Post a Comment