We finally had a fully sunny day, and took the water taxi over to Shackleford Banks in the morning. Though it was sunny, it was a VERY windy day. At certain points around the island, the sand actually hurt as it pelted your legs. But we got some great sea shells, and got to see some wild horses. Unfortunately, both Ellison and Marek were BEARS on the island. For me and Jonathan, it was almost not even enjoyable. Both of them were such handfuls! Ellison was tired, whiney, and had some crying fits. Marek was active, and then when he got tired he just cried non-stop.
Waiting for the water taxi to return to pick us up! It couldn't come soon enough for me!
A couple of pics of the wild horses. When we saw about 9 of them together during our walk, I of course didn't have my camera on me.
Then, when I did have my camera on me, I got this one shot before my batteries fell out of the camera. When they got super close to us, I went to take a pic and realized it, but the water taxi had arrived. :-( So no more camera pics for the remainder of the vacation.
[June 15, 2012]
No comments:
Post a Comment