June 24, 2012

16 Months Old

Seeing as I'm posting this after Marek has turned 17 months old, I can't quite distinguish the things I was going to say about him at 16 months.  He's still our fun loving, busy boy.






He's still talking up quite a storm.  Everyone comments at how much he says at this age.  I do know he started saying, "Be back!" at this age.  As soon as me or Jonathan would leave the room, or go upstairs to grab something quick, he'd shout, "Be back!" several times until we kept reassuring him that we'd "be right back".  He really understands a lot.  If there is a piece of garbage he gives me, I tell him to go throw it in the garbage, and he'll walk over and do just that.  He follows instructions quite well (when he wants to, that is.  Brotha has a strong will.  Maybe even stronger than Sista's).

He's become quite the tantrum thrower.  Full out tantrum's like he's 2.  But oh, does he love to smile and laugh.  He really is quite a character.  He finds so many things funny, and has the best giggle.  Unfortunately, one of the things that makes him giggle the most is when someone gets hurt.  Like, if he hauls off and whacks them.  I try to tell him with a sad face, "Ow!  Marek that hurts.  Be gentle."  He'll giggle anytime you say "Ow!", then wants a repeat performance.  When you show him "gentle" and carefully caress your face with his hand, he'll do it for a moment repeating "gentle" in a whisper, then suddenly whack you hard in the face again.  Yes, he's a little violent at this age.

He's still a little monkey climber, and into anything and everything electronic.  He loves playing with things that he can take in and out - like plugging the cell phone charger into my cell phone repeatedly.  I know people wonder why this crazy mom doesn't take toys anywhere to entertain her kid, but he's just not into them.  He wants real objects that he can manipulate.  I will not be surprised if he's a mechanical engineer someday. ;-)

[May 18, photo taken May 19, 2012]


No comments:

Post a Comment