May 5 was such a cool day for Ellison! For starters, after her softball game, she and Daddy were outside, when she suddenly told him, "(Gasp), Oh my gosh! My tooth just fell out!". Yes, Little Missy lost her first tooth! She was beyond excited. They sent me this pic while I was at work, and called to tell me the great news...


She thought it was so cool, too, that it happened to be Cinco de Mayo - her half birthday, and it just so happens that there was to be a Super Moon that day. What a lucky day. I had Daddy take her token birthday photo:
Ellison is such a big girl now. :-( Though it breaks my heart, it's exciting to see at the same time. She is so mature in her conversations, yet there are times when we are quickly reminded that she is just 5. ;-)
Ellison is totally a social butterfly now. That's all she ever wants to do (and all she ever begs for - about 27 times a day) is to have friends over to play, or to go somewhere. She just doesn't like having to play by herself at all. She and Marek are really starting to have fun together at times. They play really well together, and are so silly together, but of course they do bicker a lot, too. I wasn't quite prepared for it to start already. :-) We have two feisty, strong-willed kids, but we have two kids that do love each other and enjoy each other.
Ellison is so funny - right now she's in a kick where she is very specific about wanting her Daddy to stay in his T-shirt and boxers in the morning to go down for breakfast. It's like her comfort right now. She BEGS him to stay "just like this" to go downstairs, and has a fit if he has to get dressed for work. This past weekend, on the rare instance that we all were together with nowhere to be Saturday morning, as she was upstairs in our room, she pointed out to Jonathan, "See, Dad, this is exactly how I like you to be."
Her disagreements with friends become a little more fierce at this age, as I hear things like, "You're not my friend anymore!" going back and forth, but once in a blue moon I actually hear some maturity coming through. The other day she was telling me about a disagreement with Payton at school. Apparently Payton had stormed off about something, and Ellison called after her, "Walking away doesn't solve anything, Payton." Ha! I about died when I heard that one. So funny.
Ellison has become a little more adventurous with food, lately. Very slowly, but surely. She still has her main staples, and her favorite food is probably popcorn. She loves to pick out the buttery kernels one by one when I make it.
Ellison is doing well learning to read more and more. She does an excellent job reading those Bob books, Dick and Jane books, and other books for early readers. She still loves art work, crafts, and anything to do with animals (especially the stuffed kind).
We love you, Mookie! You are such a joy to us, my Baby Girl!
[May 5, 2012]
No comments:
Post a Comment