February 10, 2012

The Official Celebration

Well, we had big plans to spend the Saturday after his birthday doing an actual real celebration with our good friends, the Rodriguez family.  Their youngest, Kaden, turned one 2 days after Marek, and they didn't have any family in town either.  It was perfect.  That is, until both boys were sick!  We tried to hold out until the night before, but eventually we both agreed we needed to cancel, as much as we were bummed about it.  Marek still was running fevers, and he was still crabby.  Kaden still had a really runny nose, and come to find out a double ear infection, too.  Well, there's always next year.  At any rate, we couldn't not celebrate our Bubber's very first birthday, so we decided to just have a VERY intimate family affair. :-)

Hinney was walking more and more...

Ellison was so excited to decorate and help hang some curling ribbon from our light, circa 1990...

We displayed his cards and gifts on the table (minus the Cars ramp and the Peek-A-Bunny we forgot to include) to help it feel a little more festive.

His giant cupcake from Maxie B's to dig in to.  There was a matching one all made for Kaden, too, that Ellison ended up enjoying.

Still not himself, but there's nothing like his broom closet to help distract him from being miserable.

He thought the "tickle-tickle's" were funny hanging from the light...



Oh, trust me I know - I have no idea what my stomach is doing here, but it looks quite flattering, don't you think?!  Ugh - I'd like to think it was the way my shirt was laying...


Evidence that we are a family of giant heads.  I can't speak for Jonathan's normal noggin', but my children definitely inherited my gargantuan cranium.


Oh my sweet baby boy...





He started off curious, doing his little Marek thing - touching with his fingers first to see what this sucker was...




I finally had to stick his fingers into it more...

I still don't know if he realized it was to eat, so I stuck a little frosting on his lip.


Hmm, he likey...

After a few gentle licks, he then stuck his whole hand on that luscious buttercream frosting from Maxie B's (oh, can you tell how I feel about it?), and went to town with the frosting.





Jonathan eventually had to break up the cupcake so he would actually get some cake, but as soon as he got that mouthful he was done.
Assistant Sissy again.  Marek wasn't into even trying to open his gifts.











Had to include this photo because Marek is always getting down on one knee.  The first time it happened, Ellison exclaimed, "Aw, Mom!  Look!  It looks like Marek is going to ask someone to marry him," with this cute little grin on her face.  She's constantly giggling at him doing this and saying he's going to propose.
Aw, Bubbers, we sure enjoyed celebrating your first year of life, but we hope you can enjoy it more next year.  Love you, Buddy!
[January 21, 2012]

No comments:

Post a Comment