February 17, 2012

My Little Bugs

This morning after I asked Ellison if she would like to try some Cream of Wheat (that I was feeding Marek): "Um, I really don't eat a lot of wheat.  I'm kindof not a wheat person."

While Marek was playing with his cow figurine this morning, which happens to have horns like a bull, Ellison stared at it and finally said, "I know it's supposed to be a male cow because it's a bull, but I think it must be a female because it has udders.  Or maybe that bull had udders so that it could feed the babies in case the female was away."  Still in the bull discussion, she then said, "You know how bulls don't like the color red?  So then why do they live in a red barn?"  Holy heck, I feel like I need some farming experience with this child.

So Marek has gotten to know Justin Bieber (or "Beaver" if you're Ellison), thanks to his big sister often singing "Bay-beh, bay-beh, bay-beh, ohhhh...".  Guess what Bubba sings now?  "Bay-ba, bay-ba, ahhhhhhh..."  It's the funniest thing!  On another funny note, Grandma called me this morning totally cracking up thinking of Ellison and the Justin "Beaver" conversation she had earlier in the month with Anna Claire at school.  Apparently on "Live with Kelly" this morning, they showcased a new stuffed beaver, the Justin "Beaver" animal, that sings "Baby".  Guess what Mookie and Bubbers are getting?  Grandma had me order it on the spot, and she can't wait to tell Ellison so she can tell her friend Anna Claire about it.

So Marek totally gets Sissy's relationship with her Teddy.  He's hilarious - if he spots Teddy, he'll take it and hold it out to Sissy repeating, "Ted-dee, ted-dee...".  Jonathan has even caught him teasing her.  He said Marek grabbed Teddy with a little smirk on his face and looked slyly at Sissy to see how she would react.

No comments:

Post a Comment