January 11, 2012

Gray Hair Day

First, and most importantly, we got a phone call this morning at 1:00am finding out Papa had a heart attack.  I am still shocked trying to wrap my head around it.  I am thrilled beyond words that I am able to write this post, as opposed to being en route to Michigan to help plan my father's funeral.  I have such a thankful, grateful heart that God has allowed us more time with my dad.  Thankfully, he is doing pretty well cardiac-wise (considering).  They were able to place two stents today.  But, yikes.  I just shudder to think how different our day could've been today...  The unfortunate part is that my dad is still quite ill.  Not only did his body endure a heart attack, but he is fighting a pretty big infection, too.  Without going into too much personal detail (on his part), he will have a longer hospital stay due to this set of circumstances.  We are praying he feels better soon, and that his body heals well.  Marek and Ellison made some cards for Papa today.  Ellison told me what to write, and included was, "I hope you don't die."  Ugh.  I have to say, I never mentioned heart attack to her, or what that means, I simply told her we needed to pray for Papa because he was sick in the hospital.  It's scary how deep they think into things...

I was also thanking God today for saving my son from being injured.  I'm going to buy stock in Clairol 'cause I'm gonna have lots of gray hairs to hide over the coming years.  So, I had him in his high chair eating some peas.  Usually I buckle Houdini in, but I guess I forgot to today.  Nonetheless, the tray had him smashed in pretty good.  I ran upstairs for just a moment to do something, and came back down to find my son on all-fours, ON TOP OF THE TRAY OF HIS HIGH CHAIR.  He just looked up and grinned at me.  Oh.  My.  Goodness.  Thank you, God, for sparing that sweet little pudgy body, and that precious noggin, from hitting the tile floor.  I have a feeling I'm going to have a regular blog post titled, "GHE".  My acronym for a "Gray Hair Experience".
[January 11, 2012]

1 comment:

  1. OH CHRIS...We have been praying so hard for your precious father...I hope he is continuing to heal. You are living right girl...lots of things that "could" have gone terribly wrong didn't...God's got you covered and He knows you have strong and steadfast faith in Him! Keeping the prayers coming my friend! Love you!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete