Ellison has definitely warmed up a little with the whole pumpkin-gut thing compared to last year. I think it helped that they learned all about the different parts of pumpkins in school ("This is the flesh, Mom"). She wanted to be the one to pull the carved out cap off the top of the soon-to-be jack-o-lantern.
Well, so maybe she's still a little bit grossed out...
Drawing out her jack-o-lantern design on paper first...
Time to draw it out on the pumpkin next...
Bubba Love played with his farm while supervising.
Ellison's final design. Cut out exactly as she drew it. :-)
She was SO anxious to wash the pumpkin seeds. She quickly claimed dibs on that task "straight away" (that's an Ellison phrase, which reminds me of Jo Frost - that English nanny). She and I both love the feeling of running our fingers through a big colander full of pumpkin seeds. But I love eating baked pumpkin seeds even more.
Marek checking out the new porch creatures.
Oh, be still, my heart. I am so in love with this picture, in spite of the dirty glass.
Daddy and Ellison bought these cool glow-in-the-dark teeth at Kersey Valley. Pretty cool!
While cleaning up our mess, we heard some rustling, and found this:
Someone spotted the candy dish. :-)
[October 30, 2011]
No comments:
Post a Comment