Look closely (no, not at the nasal hairs)...
...my son gave me a hickey! Boy does this bring back memories... of turtleneck wearing in 8th grade (gasp!!!), along with a dreaded lecture not only from my parents, but from my brother... (Bygones. And seriously, Ellison is NOT allowed out of the house until she's 25!)
I have to admit, I was laughing so hard while the Little Piranha was going at it (my son, not Matt Pumford), and it seemed to quench his desperate need to latch those teething gums onto something, so I didn't have the heart to pull him off. That, and it was hilarious looking down at just his beady little eyes staring up at mine while he made a meal out of my jawline. To see that sweet face coming at my mandible with a wide open mouth, with his head quivering back and forth with fervency... Hilarious to this mama. He appears to crave it on occasion. Though I am happy to say he's gone a little easier on me - no more evidence left of his near-cannibalism. The kicker? The very next morning we were due to stand in front of our entire church for Marek's dedication. Jonathan was having a fit that everyone would think I have a freak husband. I kept reassuring him that surely no one would think a hickey on a chin is because of some crazy escapade. Poor Jonathan and his hussy wife - first I breastfeed in the church parking lot, then I present myself at church with a hickey...
[June 18, 2011]
No comments:
Post a Comment