Ellison continues to be a little collector. She ALWAYS has a stash laying in the kitchen or out in the garage of items for her "collection" that she finds outside. There are almost always some acorns, leaves, small flowers or flower petals. And don't ask me why, but she HAS to pick up any of those pellets from pellet guns she finds on the street (we have several neighbor boys). I always see a stash in the cupholder of our stroller when we go on our walks. I usually have to hold on to the collection for several days, in case she asks about it. That, and it makes me smile to see a pile of random outdoor objects sitting somewhere in the kitchen from my Bugsy. :-) Once I determine it's out of sight and out of mind, then I can discard them in time for a replacement collection to begin. Does anyone else ever feel that pang of anxiety over discarding something their child made or discovered? Ugh. I do. And it's precisely why we have 2 bins in the attic full of Ellison's keepsakes and artwork from church and school. The acorns, leaves, and pellets haven't made it into it, though. :-)
But, wait. There's more. She also collects tiny random household objects, too. She keeps them in a special place on her dresser (and I do not throw these away) - in my old ceramic Strawberry Shortcake figurine that I had when I was a little girl. The item that cracks me up the most? The random pieces of little thread that escape freshly laundered clothing and land on the carpet. She's rockin' a little ball of thread now...
No comments:
Post a Comment