The end of year program at school was an "ABC Parade". The kids all got to choose a letter, and then we had to get our creative juices flowing at make a T-shirt all about that letter. Ellison chose the letter "B" for all of her favorite things - Barbie (though her likeness never made it to the shirt), ballet, butterflies, bows, etc. I was thrilled she chose an easy letter. Unfortunately due to an unfortunate eye circumstance, Daddy couldn't make it for the program since he had to miss a little work and visit the eye doctor the day before. I was a ball of nerves praying I'd be able to take pics, take video, and have a quiet baby companion for the festivities. It all worked out well, minus some video of the ceiling on a few occasions.
Ellison paraded in with the other fellow "B" children, with a total shy smile on her face. It was too cute...
They performed a few adorable songs for us. Ellison sang along with her characteristic shy smile, but didn't want to do any of the hand gestures with the song. I was surprised she felt shy since she clearly wasn't at her dance recital. She later told me, "Mom, you wanna know why I didn't move my hands during the ABC parade? Because I was feeling a little shy." :-)
It sure was sweet to watch, though. And a whole 2 weeks later, I cannot even remember if Marek was asleep during it, but at any rate, he did awesome and didn't make a sound.
After the program, there was a class feast where the parents all had to bring in something that started with their child's letter. We took Blonde Butterscotch Brownies (renamed by me).
Then it was off to home to await the most exciting afternoon...
[May 25, 2011]
No comments:
Post a Comment