Grrr... I can't STAND the "goodbye" days (and weeks)! The day before was spent shopping. Garden Ridge loves the Pappenheimers - they alone could keep the store in business for a month. After 2 flatbed loads and a regular cartload, we HAD to be done!
So bright and early Tuesday morn, Ma & Pa Papp left us. It was so incredibly heartbreaking. Ellison sobbed. She had never done that before. It seriously ripped my heart out. It was the first time ever I didn't cry, just because I needed to be strong for my baby girl. She just kept saying, "I miss Grandma and Papa..." Ugh. I swear it makes me second guess living far away more and more each time. It's so awful to see your baby so heartbroken over somebody.
Thanks for another wonderful visit, Gram & Papa!!! We miss you so much and enjoyed you all so much!!!
The next day as I went through vacation pics on the computer, Ellison kept leaning up to the screen to kiss her Gram, then touch her in the pic. :-(
[June 6, 2011]
No comments:
Post a Comment