May 9, 2011

April 29

Such a lovely day.  Our 6th Anniversary.  6 years ago today we were on a beach in Jamaica saying our "I do's" " 'til death" (inside joke).  We laugh because we are always saying things like, "Is that all it's been?  Gosh, it feels like it's been forever."  It truly does, too.  Not because it's been miserable and painstaking (it hasn't), but because I can't remember what it was like to not have Jonathan in my life.  Nor do I want to.  Now, let's hope he says it for the same reason. ;-)

So Jonathan had arranged for Kathryn to come babysit the kids so we could have a date.  A real date.  I truly cannot remember the last time we did that.  Sure, we've gotten sitters so we could attend parties and such, but just never to go out, just the two of us.  That's terrible, isn't it?  It's just hard when you don't have family nearby to pitch in for those occasional outings.  Jonathan and I had a fabulous dinner at the Green Valley Grill.  We were gonna go to the movies, but the one we wanted to see wasn't playing at a good time.  The funny thing?  We seriously had no idea where else to go after that.  I'm not drinking alcohol  since I'm nursing Marek (and I'm too lazy to even think about pumping and dumping), Jonathan didn't want to go out for wine or to a nice bar and have a drink by himself.  Coffee shop?  Nope - not doing caffeine either while breastfeeding.  So we stopped at a Starbucks to get Jonathan one, sat outside until we decided it was a little chilly, then called it a night as I kept yawning.  I think we were a little rusty on the dating thing.  Ha!  But it was still a very nice night.

We now share an anniversary with a very famous couple.  Today marked the big wedding of the century: Prince William to Kate Middleton.  Ellison and I had been anticipating the event for days.  She couldn't believe there was going to be a real wedding with a real prince and a girl that was going to become a princess.  For the days leading up to the big event, she walked around talking in an English accent (which is quite perfect for a 4 year old, I must say).  I had to walk around calling her "Kate" and she would call me "Middleton".  Like, "Middleton, where are you going?" (read in an English accent).  That girl's a nut.  Many a dinner conversation was with an English accent, that would quickly turn over to French somehow.  No, none of us speak French.  "Middleton, could you please get me some more milk.  Bonjour (pronounced bon-jewel)....[insert jibberish that sounds French]."  All throughout the day we watched little snippets of the royal wedding on DVR.

[April 29, 2011]

1 comment:

  1. If it makes you feel any better, Mav and I had our first date in forever the other night and where did we end up? TOYS AND COMPANY! Without kids. We are losers (who needed to get a birthday gift). :)
    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete