Man, we got robbed...
My parents were originally going to stay until February 4 (Fri), but then had to change it to Wednesday because my dad had something going on back home. As we woke up Monday morning, my Uncle Bob (who lives next to my parents) called to tell them about a monster of a blizzard covering the midwest starting Tuesday/Wednesday. After talking to him and watching several weather reports, my parents were thinking they needed to leave Tuesday. But then I pointed out that they would be driving right through some mega-ice, which would be awful. As much as my heart was absolutely crushed and unprepared for it, we knew it was the safest thing for them to have them leave this very same day. After dropping Ellison at school, they literally starting packing up and cleaning up. I was so unbelievably bummed out. I felt like I was getting robbed of 2 more days with them, and I had already dreaded the departure as it was. But their safety was obviously number one. They waited at least until Ell came home from school so they could say goodbye to her. I was worried about how she would react that they were suddenly leaving since she usually likes to be prepped for things in advance. But Grandma picked her up and had a talk with her, and talked to her about helping Mommy not to cry. It worked really well for her.
The rest of the day felt absolutely terrible for me. I missed them so much already, and it felt like a disastrous combination with my raging hormones. I always say I'd be happy with them living with us. :-) Thankfully, Jonathan took the afternoon off from work to help me out.
And at least I have these two little bugs...
Ellison was finally starting to ask to hold Marek more often, especially before bed.
They look so snuggable!
It took me several days, if not weeks, to really get over my parents not being here anymore. Everything felt very overwhelming and sad and empty. I kept telling my friends I was homesick for them. I have lived out of state since I was 21 years old. Never once was I as homesick for them as I was this time. It was hard having those emotions when I knew I should just have pure joy over my new family status. Don't get me wrong, I am so joyous to have such two perfect, beautiful children! They mean the world to me! But it was such a strange and hard adjustment not having my mom and dad here when they were here before Marek even came into the world. Not to mention, Ellison became quite challenging for me and Jonathan. She was great with her brother, but everything was a battle with us. So trying for the three of us...
[January 31, 2011]
No comments:
Post a Comment