March 23, 2011

Taking It to a Whole New Level

I was cleaning the kitchen one day while Ellison was watching the real ballerinas for the 39th time on the DVD.  Before I knew it, I looked over to see her dressed like this:
 So, in the DVD, they show some real ballerinas dressed with a scarf and hat while en route to the ballet school and/or studio.  They also happen to have on lipstick.  They have a dance bag.  They even say what items they always carry in their dance bags.  Ellison made her mental checklist and gathered all of the same items she was able to.  I wondered why on earth she was asking me for tape.  It's because ballerinas carry masking tape to tape their toes.  She went and found the same hair accessories to add to her bag.  At one point she asked me for a granola bar.  When I described which kinds we have, she chose the Nutri-Grain bar, which she normally will not even try.  I was perplexed but gave it to her for a snack.  I then discovered over the course of the next several days, while she was on this ballet kick, that she would always ask me for the same granola bar while she would watch this documentary.  Well... that's what the ballerina was eating, too.

 She's actually putting tape inside her "toe shoes".


And I had to put her hair in a bun "but not like you wear, Mom, where your hair looks like a water fountain", and also use a bobby pin.

Sweetness just took it all in.

Glad I dressed him in blue...


By the way, Ellison keeps telling me she's going to marry Marek one day.  Move over, Daddy.
[March 10, 2011]

No comments:

Post a Comment