Ellison has really come into her role as big sister. She simply ADORES her brother now, and cannot get enough of him. It seriously just emanates from her little soul. She is always touching him and kissing him (and even has her favorite spots to do so - his cheeks and at the nape of his little neck where there's still some newborn fuzzy hair. It's my fave spot, too.) When we pick her up from school, she is so thrilled to see her little "Bubbers". She does such a great job when I ask her to "babysit" (i.e. hang with him if I have to walk away for 2 seconds), and you can see the pride on her face in doing so. She asks to hold him all the time, and even when she's got an illness, she simply cannot keep her hands off of him nor keep her distance (which makes it slightly stressful for us). Whenever I ask her to fetch burp rags or diapers, she happily obliges. The only time she would draw the line was when I would ask her if she wanted to help change his diapers. As I write this a month later, she has actually come around with that, too. We always knew she would be a little mother to her sibling. Marek's a very lucky boy. And Ellison lucked out, too, of course. ;-)
The job she always HAS to do? She's the resident "snapper" in this house. We always have to save the snapping of the onesies and outfits for her to do. If I forget and accidentally do a couple, she has to unsnap them and start from scratch.
It's so cute - she grabs her little stool and hauls it wherever she needs to be to be able to reach her Bubbers.
I see Vinnie la Vaca made it into the pic. Vinnie was a gift from our next-door neighbor in Colorado, Susan Church, for Ellison after she was born. She loved it as a baby. Marek seems to have taken a particular liking to him, too. He LOVES to stare at him, and even smile and coo at him (since he's been able), when he's on the changing table.
Givin' some Ellison love
[February 16, 2011]
No comments:
Post a Comment