March 22, 2011

Daddy's Getaway

So Marek has pretty much stayed the same over the course of the week.  No worse, not a ton better.  Still sounds awful.  Still continuing the nebs every 4 hours.  He sounds even worse after the nebs, which is normal since it's breaking everything up.  At any rate, I'm not noticing a huge difference with the neb treatments.  And I realized that they're interfering with his sleep.  A usual side effect of albuterol is the feeling of jitters and a rapid heartbeat.  At first I didn't the Marek was feeling it, because he would fall asleep during them.  I thought the reason he was sleeping poorly and waking a lot was because he doesn't feel good.  But now I realize it's the nebs.  Hoping to be able to at least cut down on them soon.  He needs some good sleep, too!

Jonathan had a men's overnight ski trip planned for this weekend in West VA.  He said he wouldn't go with Marek the way he was, but I told him to go ahead and go.  He was at least doing slightly better, and I know what to look for and how to treat.  So Friday evening Ellison, Marek, and I hunkered down while I held down the fort.  I told Jonathan to go (I had to only tell him once.  Ha!), but inside I wanted to cry.  But alas, God was surely with us that night - it went SO smooth!!!  Ellison wanted to be my bed partner, despite the fact that I told her Marek's crying would wake her up a lot.  He slept great, and I didn't have to do nebs at night anymore.  The next day and evening went smooth, too.  Our dear neighbors, the Confortes, invited me and the kids over for her homemade spaghetti dinner.  Yum!!!  Jon definitely missed the boat on that one. ;-)  He got home late that night, and was so thrilled he had such a great time getting to know the guys from our church a little more.  I'm glad they've gotten closer - the group now meets every Wednesday morning before work since their Men's Fraternity course finished at church after it's 3 year run.

[March 4 & 5, 2011]

No comments:

Post a Comment