So we followed up at the pediatrician's as planned, where I explained that Marek's cough had gotten significantly worse and very harsh sounding since we were in the ER. In the middle of the night, he was retracting, breathing fast, and sounded absolutely awful. He was even wheezing. Handy that I have a stethoscope at home, I listened to his lungs in the middle of the night because I did not like the sound of his breathing/crying, and they sounded fine until he would cough - then they would sound completely junky. The doctor we saw (my least favorite one there) said "He's fine. It's just a cold." "Even though he was retracting? With his cough sounding that bad?" "Yup. His lungs are clear and his ears look fine. I'm not concerned about strep - his throat looks fine. There are only 2 things I could do for him: oxygen or an IV. He doesn't need either." OK... I feel like total paranoid mom, but I also feel a little blown-off.
But look at what a cute sickie he is:
By the way, he weighed 12 lbs 12oz.
Ellison loved that he grabbed her finger to hold.
"Oh, please help me, Sissy!!! She crazy! Mama crazy! She keeps taking me to the doctor!!!"
When that little bottom lip pouts, I find it to be the cutest and most heartbreaking thing.
[February 28, 2011]
No comments:
Post a Comment