Despite what it appears in this part of the photo sequence, I did not drug my child.
He's clearly thrilled to be 2 months old.
We'll use Mr. hippo here as a little reference for his birthday photos. Wish I had thought of it at month 1. That will drive me a little crazy. Oh, who am I kidding? Already been there.
Marek is proving to be cute the little lover in our family. In the two months of his life, I have fallen completely in love with the little guy! OHHHHH, how I LOVE him! He and Ellison are my rays of sunshine. When he gets up in the morning, the second I open his curtains he stops crying, and gives me nothing but smiles when I lay him on the changing table. He loves being talked to and engaged with a person - that's when he's happiest, of course. But he gives some pretty cute smiles to Vinnie la Vaca and his little "friends" on his changing table, too. He cracks me up in the middle of the night now - he'll look up at me through the shadows of darkness and just grin. Or when I'm trying to nurse him, he'll look up at me and lock with my eyes and just smile away. I can't wait for the day he giggles. :-)
I find him more and more with a little thumb in his mouth, though it's not consistent yet. We still have to work him up to taking his paci, but he will still do it, albeit briefly. He's starting to nap really well in bigger chunks now as opposed to his catnaps. At night he teased me by going 7 hours for a couple of nights for his first stretch, but that was followed by a couple of weeks of back to every 3 hours or so. As I write this with him at 10 weeks now, he's going about 6 hours, then every 3-4 after that. Though I think this is pretty good, I'm praying we'll get him to go even longer very soon! I've tried giving him a bottle of formula instead of breastmilk just before bed, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. He sleeps pretty darn good in his carseat (thank you, God). I'm praying he'll continue to be a pretty mobile kid. Second-borns don't often have a choice, right? ;-)
Marek loves his bath, and loves to have his hands and his feet massaged afterwards. Ellison still is completely enamored with her little bro. Mommy & Daddy are completely enamored with the both of them. :-) I often call Marek "Spitzy Yamaguchi". (Side note: why on earth has Kristy Yamaguchi's name stuck with so many people? I mean, am I the only one who constantly adds "Yamaguchi" to the second part of a nickname? I don't think so.). Anyways, he such an "urpy" kid. He spits up frequently now. My mom says I was the same way, and would leave a trail wherever I went. :-)
Life is starting to feel like a new normal now, finally. It does feel like my life now, and we love having Marek in it. I can't imagine it any other way! Love this son of ours!
[March 18, 2011]
No comments:
Post a Comment