That's the only term that seems appropriate. Though people have been very sweet telling me that I'm "all baby", the comments are starting to turn into, "You're really big!" Jonathan reminds me on an almost nightly basis, "Wow, you are huge! Seriously, man, that looks like it hurts!". Well, yes, it doesn't feel great, but soon enough I'll be missing the feeling of those baby kicks. I didn't include a closer photo for fear of having you vomit all over your keyboard. But here's what 37 weeks looks like.

[January 5, 2011]
Today I had my weekly appointment, and of course my doctor commented about her disbelief that the baby is still in there. Interestingly, not much has changed in the last 10 days since I last saw her - still 4cm. 50-70% effaced. She said she thinks I will go this weekend, but if I happen to not, she said we could go ahead and schedule an induction for 39 weeks if we wanted. I am not a fan of inductions for no reason - I'd rather wait until baby is ready to come out instead of choosing for it - but there is the temptation of having a set time so that my mom and dad could already be here so we don't have to worry about Ellison and getting her where she needs to be while we go to the hospital. It would sure make logistics easier! So she told me to schedule it since it's only 1.5 weeks away, and I could always cancel it if I decide I don't want to. So if it doesn't happen this weekend (I don't know why she has to get our hopes up!) or in the next week, the baby's arrival will come on Tuesday, January 18! Though it would be fun to have the baby's birthday be Jan. 9 like it's Aunt Andrea, or on 1/11/11. Three of my friends are kinda in the same boat - poor Erin was due Dec. 31 and her baby girl still hasn't come, and Shana is holding strong at almost 36 weeks with twin girls, and Mandy is due one day ahead of us! We keep saying how funny it would be if we all were in the hospital at the same time! So anxious to see how it all pans out...
[January 7, 2011]
No comments:
Post a Comment