It was a LOOOONG time comin'. After talking about it for years, me and two of my dear childhood friends met up for a girls-only weekend in Nashville. All 3 of us live in different states now and have 2-3 kids a piece, so it was interesting trying to figure out where to go, but we ultimately chose Nash and Franklin. Had a great time! I didn't take my camera, but I at least took a few shots on my phone.
Stacey and I were the first to arrive in Nashville, with both of our flights arriving around the same time. While we waited for Tracey to come in a few hours later (which turned into a little longer than that with a delay), we went to eat at a yummy restaurant, then spontaneously decided to take the "Redneck Tour" around Nashville to catch the sites. It was actually fun - the two tour guides are hecklers and were hilarious. It was a good way to get to see Nashville on little time.

The Country Music Hall of Fame
It's a little ironic that we chose to come here. Some of my friends know I am NOT a fan of country music. Just can't handle it. I can appreciate a few songs, but to sit and listen to it on a radio or something? Torture. Nonetheless, I did appreciate being in this place. :-)
Stacey and myself with the comedian tour guides.
Stace, me, and Trace
One thing we really enjoyed was going on a tour of the Grand Ole Opry. It's always fascinating to me to imagine being a famous person in these settings. They take you through the place as if you were a star. Here is the entrance that the stars come through...
The mailboxes of the inductees, which will actively have fan mail in it.
Some of the dressing rooms...
The backstage lounge where the star and their close friends and family get to hang out. Someone commented while we were there, "I have to sit in this chair in case Blake Shelton's butt was on this!". You can't see it in the photo, but the mural in the room has a spot about a foot up from the bottom that shows where the big Nashville flood came up a few years ago.
Standing on the stage...
The center circle is the "spot" where every Hall of Famer has stood to perform.
Hard to believe most of this was under water during the flood...
After staying the night in Nashville, we drove to Franklin for our other two nights. We all fell in love with that town! SOOO charming, and quaint. But I felt very poor going into the clothing boutiques. I couldn't afford a thing in them.
We stayed in a cozy loft-style VRBO.
We did a lot of antique scouring while we were in Franklin. While at "The Factory", we had to snap a shot in the big rocking chair for our kids, who thought it was funny.
Such a great time catching up with my girls!
[April 18-21, 2013]

















No comments:
Post a Comment