August 29, 2013

Insanity

Had to document this fragment of 9 weeks of my life.  Because I don't think I will believe I did it down the road.  Actually, I will believe it, because the blood, sweat, and tears are forever etched in my mind, but maybe one day my kids won't believe that I did it. :-)

So me and a couple of moms from Ellison's class, Heather Habeeb and Christi Mackey, decided to do Insanity.  And let me tell ya, we were pretty religious about it!  I think I only missed doing 4 days out of the entire 9 week program, which includes workouts Monday through Saturday, every single week.  Remember my post about the life-changing photo at Military Park?  The one where I looked obese?  That drove me, sister.  On day one, I thought, "Well, there's no way I will be able to get through this!".  But get through it, we did, me and my girls.  We met every single morning (on weekends I did on my own) after dropping the kids off at school, and did our workouts whilst the little ones played.  There was a couple of times I came home after working a 12 hour shift on a Saturday, and would go into the garage to do my workout.  I was insane, I think.  It was amazing to actually see my body change some, and it fueled me further.  Jonathan began commenting at how good my arms were starting to look.  9 weeks.  11 pounds gone (though about 3 of those pounds came off a few weeks later).  I was so proud of us.  Then summer happened.  Ugh.  All that hard work down the drain, as I let myself go all summer long...
[April 3, 2013]

No comments:

Post a Comment