August 15, 2013

First Field Trip

During the Colonial unit at school, the kindergarten class got the opportunity to go to Old Salem.  So while Mare-Mare stayed home with a babysitter, I went along as a chaperone to enjoy Ellison's very first field trip with her.  The only stinky thing that happened, was that I decided to follow the written instructions on the paper, and ignore what my GPS was telling me.  And while having another vehicle follow me.  And I had 4 students in my car, mind you.  Big mistake.  Imagine my horror upon realizing that I had taken us 20 minutes out of the way, and meanwhile the entire kindergarten classes are ready to start the tours.  Ugh.  Alas, we eventually made it, no thanks to me.

The students getting a lesson on the gunsmith shop.


Reese Yoder, Ellison, Maddie Heritage, Samuel Pessoa, and Mason Grant




Maddie, Ellison, and Samuel

In the kitchen with a colonial woman




The kids were loving taking turns with the well




Learning about the hardships of slavery during the colonial times

The field trip felt like it went by in a flash, despite my getting us there late.  It was such a chilly day - we were all freezing, and I was exhausted by the end.  It is not relaxing keeping track of a bunch of kids at all times!  But we all had fun.
[March 7, 2013]

No comments:

Post a Comment