Oh, what a fun morning! Let me give some background: my parents took about 3 weeks to head down to Florida for some R&R at the beginning of February. I suspected that they would probably swing by our way on their way down. I would be lying if I said that my heart didn't sink a little when they indeed headed straight to Florida. I was so happy for them to get some time away - just the two of them - but I was just hoping that they would take a few days to come see us. After that, I thought "Surely they'll stop in on their way back home..." Well, as they were leaving Florida, they mentioned how they were going to head to Louisiana to go see my Aunt Wanda. Hmmm. Okay. Again, I was happy for them, but still my heart sunk. I didn't say a word about it to them because I did not want them to feel any pressure. I just wanted them to enjoy themselves and do what they wanted. My Dad even came up with an elaborate little fib to throw me off - asking if Jon could text him back pics of Dad's corvette because my cousins in LA wanted to see it (it used to be my cousin Bobby's, who passed away unexpectedly this past fall, and his nephews are in LA) and my dad had lost his original phone with the pics on it. That story completely cemented that they indeed weren't coming up to NC on their way home. I tried so hard not to be bummed, but I was. The night before these photos, I talked to them, and they said they were just a couple of hours outside of Aunt Wanda's. I had to go to work. I came home from work that night bummed out, telling Jonathan, "Aw, man, I'm just so bummed. I was hoping so badly to see them." So on this morning, Jonathan mentioned that Elli had wanted us to all go to breakfast. I woke up, he asked me if I wanted to shower first, then dropped it so as not to throw me off, and away we went to Danny's Restaurant for breakfast. Just before we walked in the door, I was actually on the phone with my mom, and she said she'd let me go since we were about to walk in a restaurant. We walked in and looked around for a place to sit. Jonathan said, "Well, I guess we could sit with these people right here..." I looked behind us, and there sat my mom and dad. :-))) It was awesome. I was SOOOO happy!!!! Needless to say, so was someone else...
Look at her... in total heaven having Grandma here.
Marek wasted no time getting into Papa's things...
Marek and Papa totally bonded this trip. He loves his Papa!
As usual, Ellison roped Grandma right in to playing with her. :-)
Be still his heart... the kids were constantly on Papa's iPad.
Big Man on Campus, here...
And Grandma's iPhone is so much better than our phones, according to the kids...
What a fun morning!!!
[February 22, 2013]

No comments:
Post a Comment