We went to Tato and Nilda's to hang out and see everyone for the holiday. It was great to spend even a little time with family.
Ellison and Natalia were treated to manicures and pedicures from Titi Margaret.
After napping on Mama, Marek was all geared up for messing with electronics.
We had fun watching the girls do Kinects on XBox 360. I tried one little game and thought I was gonna pass out from overexertion.
We all went to the mall for a little while, and the 3 girls had fun doing one of those mega bungy bouncy thingies. It made me just about pee my pants watching them. We then headed to downtown Charlotte to hit a great restaurant, Vapiano. Ellison ended up staying for a sleepover with her cousins. She was so happy. We had Marek all set for bed when we strapped him in the van for the long ride home. He first wimpered "Sissy, sissy..." in a heartbreaking way, then apparently couldn't stand the dark. Didn't understand it's the natural surroundings for FALLING ASLEEP. The first half hour of the car ride home involved him repeating and crying over and over (and I'm not exaggerating one bit): "Light on! Light on!". We were putting our foot down and not going to give in. He would eventually grow tired and give up. WRONG. After hearing "Light on!" for 98 times, I turned the bloody thing on already. He still continued to scream, but it was wordless at that point. Poor Bubba was over-tired and couldn't fall asleep. He cried for a solid hour and a half!!! It was pure hell. It was funny, on the way TO Concord Jonathan had mentioned how he would probably want to drive back to MI or NY the next time we went, which I did not agree with. After that trip home from Concord? I told Jonathan it would happen over my dead body. Not ready. ;-)
[December 27, 2012]




No comments:
Post a Comment