Ellison was on a bug-catching kick. I love her - she is such a girl, but loves things you'd never expect her to, either. She got Marek to join in on her search for the perfect creature.
This year, Ellison sweet-talked me enough to let her join me in shopping at one consignment sale, even though it would be past her bedtime. She had strict rules (this Mama doesn't play around when it comes to consignment sales): you have to keep up, you may not whine or beg, you have to stay right next to me, etc. Well, though she didn't obey the begging rule very well at times, I have to say it helped to have her there with me to let me know which articles of clothing she would or wouldn't wear. Here was one of the dresses that we argued about:
Though we are biased and think our girl can wear anything and look cute, the dress screamed "Hoochy" on the hanger. So we made a rule (not to be broken) that if we bought it she could only wear it at home. Guess what I take my sweet time laundering ("Oh, honey, I'm sorry that's still in the dirty clothes pile."). She asks for that dress all the time.
[September 15, 2012]




No comments:
Post a Comment