We SO needed a relaxing day like this! Our family time unfortunately feels very rare since I work so many evenings and weekends. Ellison plotted to have us all go out to breakfast when we got up, so off to Danny's we went. With no agenda on our plate, we took advantage and stopped at Military Park spur of the moment on the way home, and had a nice walk.
Ellison kept jogging ahead of us on the trails, and suddenly we heard her hollar to us that she saw a snake. (I could throw up right now. Seriously.) Just a few feet ahead of her, was this disgusting creature:
Yes. A copperhead. Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for protecting our girl!!! If she hadn't have been paying attention... I shudder to think what may have happened. I totally could've done without this.
Alas, it did not ruin the day. :-)
[September 8, 2012]






No comments:
Post a Comment