April 5, 2012

Mareny's Latest

Need to interrupt the catch-up of my photo posts to jot down some little Mareny quirks.

First of all, our little monkey has figured out how to pull away his high chair from the table (even with the brakes on), climb up into the seat (even though he can BARELY get his little chubby leg up onto the foot holder - I seriously still can't imagine how this works for him), turn himself around, and have a ball attempting to buckle himself in.  You can just see how proud he is when he gets in it.  All I can see is that precious little noggin smacking against the tile floor when he falls.  Ugh.  Well, why not add a few more gray hairs to the mix at this point...

Marek is such a daddy's boy.  When Jonathan walks in the door, he goes running toward him with open arms, grinning and repeating, "Daddy!  Daddy!".  When he reaches Jonathan's legs, he repeats, "Hug!  Hug!" while wrapping his arms around his legs, then reaches up to be picked up.  It's the sweetest thing!

While in his bedroom getting ready for the day, he grabbed a pair of his socks, then placed them behind the lotion container.  He turned his hands upside down (as if in question) and said, "Where go?".  Then he would grab them out of the hiding spot, and grin and say his version of  "There it is!".  Such a little character.

The other day while just me and Marek were home (waiting for Sis to get out of school), he walked over and brought me his shoe, and kept repeating "On, on".  I was a little puzzled, because Marek loves to be barefoot, and is usually asking for his shoes to be "off, off".  When I asked him if he wanted his shoe on, he emphatically nodded and said, "Yes, yes!".  So I put his one shoe on, then he reached up for me, and said, "Outside!"  So cute!  He knew he had to have his shoes on to go outside.  The boy is obsessed, I tell you!  He's going to be an outdoorsy man.

No comments:

Post a Comment