April 25, 2012

Ham(mocks) and Eggs

It was a beautiful day of anticipation over the coming festivities of the weekend.  It was a good spring day, we'd be celebrating the resurrection of Christ, we got a family weekend all together, it felt perfect, and just what we needed.

We spent a good deal of the afternoon in the yard, playing and tooling around.  And I had to try out my new cell phone that came in the mail that day.  Yes, I am finally getting with the now, even though I feel clueless as to how to work the sucker.  I quickly figured out how to take pics, though. ;-)

When Marek went down for a nap, Ellison and I played in the playhouse with her baby Zhu-Zhu pets.

The pics are out of order, but before Marek's nap, he of course wanted his daddy, and it was the sweetest thing as he just layed right down on daddy while they rocked gently on the hammock.  Melt my heart...


After asking for about the 63rd time that day, the time finally came for Ellison to decorate Easter eggs.  Little Mareny helped paint his very first eggie, too.



She takes her job very seriously. :-)

We got a different kind of kit this year, and Marek didn't much want to have Mommy helping hold things for him.  So he kinda just hung out for a while watching the activity.


And worked on some teething...








The finished products (two of which were eaten):

We about fell over the previous week when Ellison out of the blue mentioned that she wanted to eat an egg, "but not the yellow middle part".  We couldn't believe she was still wanting to try out a hard-boiled egg for the first time by the time we actually made some to dye.  Lo and behold, our girl did it!

Way to go, Elli!!!  We are so proud of you for getting adventurous.  This is a really big deal for her.  A couple of days before, she asked for fish sticks, too (which she's never tried since she was about 1 or 2).  She loves them  now!  It about brings tears to my eyes if you have any recollection of what a big deal this is for our picky eater.
That evening, Jonathan and I went on a date with our friends, Dave and Mandy.  We enjoyed a great dinner at Lucky 32, followed by coffee and dessert at Maxie B's.  I discovered that my passionate love affair with their butter cream icing is over.  Shocker of the century, folks.
[April 7, 2012] 

No comments:

Post a Comment