We had a fun Saturday evening attending our Families on the Grow (our adult Sunday group) Easter potluck and Easter egg hunt at the Poindexters' house. The skies cleared up for us, and we had a great time hanging out with friends (or rather, chasing around our children with our friends) and eating some great food.
This ensemble that I got at consignment for $2 is Ellison's fave summer outfit. She wears it every chance she gets, and even when it's chilly outside she will wear it indoors. These days she has a very strong opinion of what she wants to wear, and how she will wear her hair. She like to wear it down, so it is a very rare occasion that I get to actually do something else with it. :-)
Daddy and Marek hanging with Lee Williams.
It was quite a crowd! Good turnout.
Mookie of course jumped at the chance to grab the open swing.
Daddy, Marek, and Dave Hinkle
We all made a very quick attempt to try and get most of the kids in a group photo. Ellison and Marek are in the center of this photo. I was shocked Marek actually stood there.
Then it was time fort he Easter egg hunt to begin. The kids over 2 were all in the backyard, while there was a separate hunt for the littles under age 2. Jonathan and I divided and conquered. I stayed with Ellison until she tired of me taking photos, then quickly ran over to capture Marek's hunt.
She kept telling me, "That's enough pictures, Mom." She obliged me, but was getting perturbed having to pause in the middle of the hunt so many times. Time is eggs, Mom!
Marek actually would pick up the eggs and put them in his little basket. It was so cute!
James Williams and Marek
Checking out his loot
Ellison made out like a bandit, as did all of the older kids.
I had to capture Ellison trying Sour Patch Kids for the first time. ;-)
After filling up on some grub, Marek must've been spent - he just leaned against Jonathan and chilled with his sippy for a while.
[March 31, 2012]
No comments:
Post a Comment