We had a relaxing Christmas morning, though I admit it seemed a little strange - it just wasn't our usual Christmas morning back home in NC, so it didn't feel like Christmas. But we had a fun day ahead - we'd finally get to see Uncle Josh, Aunt Andrea, and the kids; and we'd get to go over to see Grandma Vrable ("Rable" if you're Ellison - love it!) and a tiny chunk of my huge extended family. I have 24 aunts and uncles (12 couples), 46 FIRST-cousins, and that doesn't include the great grandkids, and now even the great-great grandkids my 94-year-old grandma has! From before I was even born, many of our family members have gathered at my grandparents' house for Christmas. It continues, though it has gotten a little smaller over the years because now so many of us have families of our own, in-laws, etc.
I am so in love with this picture of my little Puddin'. Oh, that gorgeous little face of his. I'm grinding my teeth as I look at it, because that's what I do when I look at my kids and I want to eat them up.
I think he was watching the birds.
Oh, and then you throw my little Biscuit into the mix, with the golden morning sun reflecting off their sweet faces, and I'm done...
Always kissing on her little "Mare-Mare".
Gram and Ellison getting ready to go to her Great-Grandma Rable's.
And hinney looking all festive on us...
I love that the sweater vest was his cousin Lucas's - Lucas wore it at Christmas when he was a babe.
Oh, goodness. Do NOT take away the Dora rolling backpack...
The time finally came to see Uncle Josh, Aunt Andrea, Olivia, Emma, and Lucas! This was the first time Lucas was meeting Marek - he stayed behind when the gang came to NC to visit after Marek was born.
Ellison getting loved up by Uncle Josh and Aunt Andrea.
Everyone gathering 'round in the living room to say hellos.
(Emma, Ellison, Aunt Carrie, Olivia, and Marek with Aunt Andrea).
Ellison was all too happy to open an early gift. Olivia is the sweetest girl - she bought Ellison this gift with her saved up babysitting money! So darn sweet her heart is. It was "A Dolphin Tale" DVD. Ellison's love of anything-dolphin was kick-started by Olivia a couple of years ago.
Hinney likes Aunt Andrea's lipstick.
The two boys
[December 25, 2011]
No comments:
Post a Comment