The day before, we saw Jon off at the airport (after he had to jump start the battery on the van just to GET us to the airport. Argh.). I felt so completely terrible to not be going with him, to support him and the family. To hug everyone. To pay my respects. To honor Joe and the man that he was to so many people. I knew being back home would be even harder on Jonathan as the news would finally sink in for him. But this is the way it was. I thought for sure Ellison would have a hard time. But prayers were answered, because she did SO well (until the final night of him being gone - gut wrenching, it was). And I was grateful for that, because Bubba was still sick and slept horribly. He screamed, I cried, it was not fun...
At least daytime was.
So Ellison was all excited when I told her the 3 of us would have a fun outing to Steak 'N Shake (she's always asking to go there) to pass the time while Daddy was gone. That's about all the fun we had been having - no playdates with friends in several weeks, just stores, and this one time, a restaurant. Well, imagine my excitement when we got in the van to go, and the van barely turned over. Ugh. After a call to my husband, a trip to Auto Zone, and a new car battery later, we finally enjoyed a really nice time at Steak 'N Shake. The kids were great, until Marek decided he had had ENOUGH of the Target outing following our meal.
[November 26, 2011]
No comments:
Post a Comment