We all went to a fun Superhero Birthday Party for Mason recently. Now, Ellison doesn't own anything superhero-ey. I didn't want to go out and buy an outfit on the chance that she'd possibly never want to wear it again. In talking with my friend, Maranda, that I work with, (who's the craftiest person I know next to Alisha), she told me she'd figure something out. So she sent me a link to something on etsy, where I thought, "Oh, yeah, that's cute. But God knows I'm not gonna make it." So then before I knew it she said she whipped up a cape and a few superhero tidbits and that we could borrow them to put with a leotard and tights. What a gal!!! Ellison was in love with her new attire! She was just beaming after she put the outfit on, and kept saying how much she loved it. You're the best, Maranda! My sewing machine thanks you.
We had such a fun time hanging out with friends and celebrating Mr. Mason, who turned 5.
Marek and Mary Kenzie swinging with the help of their papas.
The kids were so excited to stumble upon this in the backyard:
Ellison and birthday sister, Laila
Looks utterly thrilled, eh?
Pinata time
Happy Birthday, Mason!
[October 22, 2011]
No comments:
Post a Comment