After her fun day at Kersey Valley Pumpkin Patch, Ellison showed us the little mini pumpkin she picked out, and promptly set about painting it. Always our little artist. I know I'm posting 3 pics that are nearly the same, but I'm having another moment of "I don't ever want to forget how sweet her intent face is". It gets me every time when I go through photos - "Well, I can't eliminate that one because I want to remember that hair on her head and how it looked in the sunlight,"... "Oh, I have to include that one because I will want to remember someday how cute he looked bent over from the back, even though the photo is blurry,"... and it goes on and on.
As I type this, a couple of weeks later... Ellison was insistent upon putting her painted pumpkin outside on the porch with the big pumpkins, despite me trying to talk her into displaying it in the house. She won me over, after explaining that the little pumpkin needed to be with it's family. But today we had many a tear as we were getting ready to leave for school, because, "My pumpkin is ruined!!! I should've kept it inside! Bwahhhhh!", as we saw the pumpkin sitting in the rain with the paint all jacked up. After getting out her umbrella and rescuing it from the elements, she then happily told me she wanted to finish off the job of removing the paint. "Yeah, I don't really want the paint on it anyways." Good. Ness.
Okay, so back to October 15. Marek was trying out feeding himself with a spoon for the first time. He did awesome for about 2 spoonfuls, and since then has not had any other breakthroughs when using a utensil. Unless you consider picking up a spoon full of mushy green stuff, and flinging it up quickly to see how many crannies you can get it in (that Mom won't find for about 2 months because she can't keep up with this housekeeping gig of hers) a breakthrough.
It was much more fun to just touch the stuff.
[October 15, 2011]
No comments:
Post a Comment