August 19, 2011

Scrapbooking 101

Our little artsy girl got a scrapbook sent down from our Soto family in Buffalo.  It came with all kinds of sheets and stickers, and she was so anxious to get started on her project.  We knew she'd love it.  So Ellison and I got on the computer, and she chose what photos she wanted to include in her scrapbook, and we ordered them online.  She eagerly anticipated their arrival, and was ready to dive in as soon as they came in the mail.

Luckily, I have a ton of stuff here for scrapbooking.  I bought it all when scrapbooking started to become popular, and I attended a Creative Memories Party (yes, I'm old).  I was so excited about scrapbooking, bought way too many expensive gadgets and gismos and pages, only to discover it took me 3 hours to make one page that looked like crap.  And have I mentioned how indecisive I am?  Way too many options to just run "wild" in scrapbooking, and that doesn't work well with me.  The bright side is that it works great with Mookie.  She has a very creative mind, much more like her Dad, and she LOVED decorating her page!  And  a bonus?  I absolutely love hearing her say "utensils" instead of "stencils" all the time.  So every so often, we work on another page together.  It feels rare lately that we're getting time together, so it's great.  She so needs it right now, as the ugly "J" word is rearing its ugly head in this household.  (No, I'm not referring to an ex-spouse here... sorry... couldn't resist).
[August 7, 2011]

No comments:

Post a Comment